Reevesey's recommended reading

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Gym session with Richard Kerrigan

Oh my god, I bloody well ache all over at the time of writing this, despite this now being some six hours after my gym session.

This was my first session back at the gym with Richard Kerrigan for a while so I knew it would be tough, but given I am doing the 10k run this coming Sunday at Hopetoun House - I am running with Elspeth Finlay, Fiona Lang, Beverley Hope and Jamie McHale and my chosen charity is is the Bobby Moore fund for Cancer Research UK - I needed to do it.

If you would like to sponsor me, however small an amount I would very much appreciate it and you can do so HERE.

So, back to today's gym session - so Richard concentrated on various exercises that would help me on Sunday.

I did my usual stretches and warm up on the bike, just 4k today then into the evil things with Richard including actual running jogging on the running machine, 45 seconds at 7.5 (jogging is 6 and running is 9) and then 30 seconds at 5.5 for ten minutes in total.

Press ups - 3 seconds down and 1 second up, with my legs crossed and using a step.

Then the large exercise ball leaning right back on it and doing stomach crunches - that bloody hurt, but...as they say, no pain, no gain.

Exercise bike - keeping up over 90 RPM for 45 seconds and then 70 RPM for 30 seconds, another 10 minute session.

Plus a couple of others which involved squatting.

My thighs ache so much but looking forward to a run on Thursday as spending most of tomorrow on a train!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails