Reevesey's recommended reading

Monday 23 August 2010

New exercise regime - one week on and 3kg lighter

So, a week ago I made a real concerted effort to concentrate and motivate myself to not only lose weight but lose it having fun and concentrate on two dates.

The first is the 17th October 2010, which is when I am doing the Hopetoun House 10k run to raise money for the Bobby Moore cancer fund to ensure money goes into cancer research and in memory of my Mum who lost her fight to cancer just last year.  If you are able to sponsor me, you can do so here.

The second is 28th January 2011, not only is this my Mum's birthday but it is the date that I will be having my Civil Partnership with my boyfriend, Roger.

Richard Kerrigan at David Lloyd gym
The extra thing I went for at the gym is having a personal trainer (PT), Richard Kerrigan.  A PT is really focusing me and my efforts and worth every single penny.
"Richard is a trainer who strives for perfection in everything he does. Through his knowledge, passion for fitness and attention to detail he will try to achieve the very best for you. Richard sets very clear targets for his clients, but at the same time likes to ensure the people he works with have fun whilst achieving their fitness goals. Richard Says "The smallest detail makes the biggest difference"."
Last Monday Richard set me the challenge of drinking two litres of water per day - I have not only achieved this, but actually now exceeded it and it has not been as hard as I expected, although I do need to plan more toilet breaks!

I also started the week at 128.8kg, so was really chuffed that at the end of week one I am down to 125.8kg.

So today to be honest after Richard put me through my paces for an hour, I do ache somewhat now in places and muscles I wasn't aware I still had LOL, but I know it is for the best so I have another session with Richard on Thursday and will also be at the gym tomorrow under my own steam.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails