So, the Government is likely to perform a welcome major u-turn later this week and allow product placement, this reflects a major shift in Government policy and will also only affect commercial broadcasters.
The BBC will not be allowed to do any product placement, although I have a big issue with the Beeb as they advertise so many of their shows etc when they aren't supposed too. That is another blog post for another day.
Anyhow, I am wondering if the change in policy is a back door approach to the tax breaks the film industry have been campaigning for to enable more films to be produced in Britain.
The product placement is going to have some restrictive guidelines and I don't see anyone on the government benches who will be able to do so without ballsing it up so I do hope they get some serious advice from the professionals out there.
Anyway, let us see how this policy change progresses this coming week.
The Lib Dem leadership should to listen to our MPs
-
Peter Black blogged this morning about the reaction to Charlie Maynard call
for the Liberal Democrats to elect a new leader: The reaction has been
predicta...









No comments:
Post a Comment