Reevesey's recommended reading

Monday 23 November 2009

David Cameron's Conservatives Jedward Poster

When I saw this doing the rounds last night I just groaned, and not with delight. Is this really the Conservatives listening to the public mood? If it is they just scored an own goal.

Politicos, journalists and activists will think it funny, but then we read things differently to the real voters. We are immersed in politics 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

I think this is an own goal by the Conservatives, and what about Jedward? What did they really do so wrong that they deserve this?

Is this the kind of politics we are to expect from the Conservatives in the run up and during the general election, I really do hope not.

This next election will be hard enough without childish hoo haa from one of the main parties, but as a friend emailed me last night, who is not political at all, and said: "If this is what David Cameron and the Conservatives are offering as an alternative to Labour then it is time for Nick Clegg and the Liberal Democrats".
Obviously, I couldn't agree more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on Andrew, I see your point about sending out the wrong message to voters but sometimes we need a little bit of fun in politics.

Remember Labour did start it by posting a similar poster with Cameron and Osborne and not to mention the infamous Tory toff picture in the (I think) Crew and Nant by-election campaign, and they are the party of government!!!

Still, I think the one on the left of the picture is kind of cute!!

Anonymous said...

Dual Mandate singing...... I'm forever blowing bubbles.

Anonymous said...

It seems a lot of Tories agree with you:

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/thetorydiary/2009/11/the-tories-launch-jedward-poster.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails